Saturday, June 15, 2013

Week 12: Make a candy box and fill it


Why I want to make this: Back when I was in high school, a dear older lady from my church offered to teach me how to make chocolates. She had been making moulded chocolates with various fillings for 40-50 years. She would make them at Christmas time and everyone would receive a handmade treat from Mrs. H, right down to the mailman. I've tried to keep the tradition and lost art alive by making chocolate each year for my own friends and family.

Ideas & Inspirations: With the chaos of Christmas time, I usually am too focused on producing a large quantity, that it doesn't allow for much time to experiment with presentation. These chocolates taste amazing, but I'm hoping to have them look just as good. And to create a wonderful handmade box.

What I intend to do with said project: This is tough. I'm just doing a small batch! But I'm trying to make healthier food decisions. Who will I give them to!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment